Call or email for assistance planning your trip: +1 (212) 203-0064 | firstname.lastname@example.org
East of Kingston
The areas along the coast east of Kingston include the communities of Harbour View, Seven Mile, Palm Beach, and Bull Bay. The Palisadoes, a 16-kilometer-long stretch that runs from the roundabout at Harbour View to the tip of Port Royal, is home to Kingston's Royal Jamaica Yacht Club and Marina, the Marine Research Institute, Norman Manley International Airport, Plumb Point Lighthouse, Port Royal, and just offshore, the area’s most popular beaches on the small island of Lime Cay and nearby Maiden Cay.
The community of Harbour View surrounding the roundabout at the base of the Palisadoes was built on the site of Fort Nugent, originally constructed by a Spanish slave, James Castillo, and later fortified by Governor Nugent in 1806 to protect the eastern approach to Kingston Harbour. Today all that remains of the fort is the Martello tower, which takes its name from the first such tower, built in Corsica and popularized throughout England.
Select any filter and click on Apply to see results